Senior Brand and Communications Strategist – Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $60,000 – $80,000/year
Benefits: Health & Dental, Flex Work Hours, Personal Development, Parental Leave Top Up, Active Transport Bonus, Volunteer Hours
Requirements: Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Work Permit Holder. Must be legally allowed to work in Canada.
We’re currently seeking an eager, passionate Mid to Senior Level Brand and Communications Strategist to join our team. This position will report to the Chief Strategy Officer. Our headquarters are in Halifax but this role can be remote within Canada. You’ll be mainly focused on helping the businesses in R&G’s portfolio create meaningful brands and web experiences, tell their stories, and communicate their impact.
While we expect you to bring your own brand and marketing strategy methodologies to the table (from opportunity mapping and building value propositions, to qualitative and quantitative market research, to UX/UI strategy), this position affords the opportunity to learn and grow. Organized individuals capable of connecting the dots, multitasking and prioritizing will thrive.
- Only those with a minimum 5 years of brand strategy and planning agency experience or relevant marketing management experience will be considered for this role
- Previous study in marketing, communications, psychology and/or journalism an asset
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills are a must
- A passion for sustainability
- Seniority Level — Mid to Senior
- A strong self-starter and team player, able to work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary experts and a range of clients
- An excellent and persuasive communicator with strong customer service skills
- A skilled researcher, you are passionate about solving problems and have an insatiable appetite for learning
- Have the ability to manage projects and timelines independently
- Your attention to detail and ability to self-manage and juggle priorities while working autonomously in remote situations is an absolute must
Main responsibilities include:
- Leading UX/UI strategy to create memorable online experiences
- Creating brands from the ground up
- Research, strategy and planning development for clients that range from startups to global enterprises
- Working with Creative, Sustainability and Strategy Directors along with the creative team to define what needs to be done.
- Brand strategy development, owning and developing marketing, sales and communications plans with expected outcomes, and directing and creating communications content
- Conducting qualitative and quantitative research, processing data and insights to develop creative, strategic approaches, and explaining your rationale for decision-making.
- Simplifying the complex to develop inspiring creative platforms for engagement online and off
- Contributing to the development of market-leading creative solutions
- Leading the development of multi-touchpoint, integrated experiences that shape audience behaviour.
- Actively growing our accounts and our business where possible.
- Nurture client relationships, and ensure we’re earning our clients’ trust
- Manage all aspects of the projects you lead, and/or your project contribution from start to finish, leading research and planning, strategy and project component oversight
- Ensure delivery of high-quality project outcomes, on time and on budget, while managing and ensuring the quality of our services to Clients (you’re on top of the budget and the timeline, you’re organized in your communication, and you’re responsive)
We believe changing the way we do business has the power to change the world. R&G exists to tip the scales toward sustainability. How do we do it? By helping responsible organizations communicate their purpose and positive impact, embed sustainability into their day-to-day operations, and inspire behaviour change to propel a more equitable society and a cleaner planet. Our small, but unique mix of expert professionals work at the intersection of branding, technology, sustainability, and communications design – helping our clients launch, scale, raise awareness, and create digital platforms to advocate and engage for a better world. We’re female-founded and led, critical thinkers, efficient creators, and business people, and we believe that together, we can drive responsible business growth for a better world. We look forward to hearing from you.
What you can expect working at R&G
As a certified BCorp, R&G doesn’t just support sustainable organizations, we practice it ourselves as well, with work-life balance being one of our core values as a company. We strive to have an open, collaborative, inclusive work environment, with opportunities for mentorship and regular 360-degree feedback. We’ve closed our office and have shifted to a flexible co-working model to give employees the opportunity to work where they’re most productive and comfortable. In addition to paid sick time, employees on temporary contracts can also expect benefits like flexible scheduling opportunities and time to socialize.
Instead of a cover letter, please include a description of the sustainability accomplishment you’re most proud of, and tell us who your favourite sustainable brand or influencer is and why. Don’t spend time writing an essay – just a few sentences will do!
Please submit your application package via email to [email protected]
Application deadline: August 17th, 2022
Contract type: Full-time, Permanent
We thank all candidates for their interest in R&G Strategic, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted for an interview, be prepared to provide at least two references who can speak to your qualifications as a sustainability professional.
Come as you are
Your gender, your gods, your sex life, your skin colour don’t make a difference here. R&G is a progressive and open-minded workplace, and we’re committed to achieving a diverse workforce through equal opportunity in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, salary, benefits and training. We’re committed to providing all prospective and current staff members equal opportunities to achieve required job performance, regardless of race, creed, gender, sexual orientation, age, ethnic origin, religion, marital/family status, physical appearance, or disability. Accommodations are available, upon request, for those with a disability or medical need during any stage of the recruitment process.
We look forward to hearing from you!