UX/UI Brand Planner & Strategist
TO APPLY: In lieu of a cover letter, please give us an EXTREMELY short description (two short paragraphs max) of a sustainable brand you admire, and why. Send this, along with your resume to [email protected]. We thank all candidates for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
At R&G Strategic, We believe changing the way we do business has the power to change the world. It’s why we started R&G. We help responsible organizations communicate their positive impact and inspire behavior change to propel a more sustainable future for society and the planet. Join us and be part of a dynamic consultancy team in a positive, remote work environment with ample room for growth. Work with purpose-driven startups and organizations, create compelling brands, develop impactful websites and apps, and immerse yourself in sustainability and social responsibility projects.
We are looking for a dynamic leader to join our team as a Brand and Digital Strategist. We need someone who not only appreciates the potential for growth but also possesses the assertiveness to make decisions, streamline processes, and guide both our team and clients toward success.
Your role is at the intersection of sustainability and creativity, where you’ll play a pivotal role in connecting these departments to ensure our clients’ brands not only shine but also align with their sustainability goals.
As you shape the identity of our client’s brands, develop marketing and communication strategies, and help them convey their ideologies and principles effectively, your clever copywriting and out-of-the-box thinking will be invaluable. It’s important to note that digital and web projects are a significant part of our workflow, making your role all the more exciting and dynamic.
Your organizational skills and multitasking abilities will be essential in this role as you navigate the multifaceted world of creativity, sustainability, and the digital realm.
We are seeking an energetic and agile, service-based Executive Assistant with high follow-through and attention to detail who can be a wonderful extension of R&G. If you have a workspace that affords little distractions, it would greatly help you succeed in this role. If you are fueled by providing top-notch service and you enjoy supporting a team with conflicting demands, you might be a fit.
If you live in Canada within Eastern or Atlantic time zones and are looking to utilize your superior tech skills, attention to detail, and self-sufficiency that allows you to contribute to a premier organization, we invite you to apply.
This role is primarily a remote position. The ideal candidate has experience working in a remote setting and excels at online communication.
What You Can Expect Working at R&G
As a certified BCorp, we practice what we preach by fostering a balanced work-life environment. We offer an open, inclusive workplace with mentorship opportunities and flexible co-working arrangements. In addition to competitive benefits, full-time, permanent employees enjoy flexible scheduling, paid sick time, parental leave top-up, paid volunteer time, and socializing opportunities.
- Collaborate with Creative, Sustainability, and Strategy Directors to define project goals while reporting to the Director of Strategy.
- Managing a team of Creatives, providing project briefs, clear direction with parameters and feedback.
- Lead brand strategy development, marketing, and communications planning.
- Conduct research and data analysis to inform creative and strategic decisions.
- Simplify complex concepts for inspiring creative platforms.
- Expand client accounts and nurture client relationships.
- Manage projects from start to finish within budget and timeline.
- Provide planning, copywriting, and brand guidance.
- Ideally suited for a digital-first environment or with UX/UI expertise.
Qualifications & Requirements
To succeed in this role, you should possess:
- Deep knowledge of brand and ui/ux strategy, and brand impact.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in an agency setting, with client service, management and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with sustainability, ESG, and climate communications.
- Proficiency in a digital-first environment.
- UX/UI or digital product strategy skills, coupled with sustainability and client service experience.
- Hold a mid-to-senior level position and have 8+ years of relevant work experience
Tools You Should Be Familiar With:
- Google Drive
- Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides)
Processes and Methodologies:
- Market Research
- Persona Development
- Communications and Campaign Planning
- Qualitative and Quantitative Research
- Brand Strategy
- Naming Strategy
- Opportunity Mapping
What You Can Expect From Us
We value autonomy and professionalism, trusting our team members to take ownership of their roles. We encourage individual growth and accountability, seeking proactive individuals who can add value to their position.
How to Apply
This is a remote position but R&G’s hours of operation are 9:00 to 5:00 AST or EST, so individuals located in the Eastern or Atlantic time zones would likely do best in this role. To be considered, ensure you have a reliable laptop, high-speed wifi, and a distraction-free workspace. Our hiring process includes interviews with our Executive Team, reference checks, the Kolbe Assessment, and a paid trial or project. If you join our team, you can expect performance reviews at key milestones.
For applications, in lieu of a cover letter, please give us an EXTREMELY short description (two paragraphs max) of a sustainable brand or influencer you admire, and why. Send this, along with your resume to [email protected]. We thank all candidates for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Location: Remote within Eastern or Atlantic Canada is preferred but not required.
- Type: Permanent, full-time
- Benefits: Health & Dental, Flex Work Hours, Personal Development, Parental Leave Top Up, Active Transport Bonus, Paid Volunteer Hours
- Requirements: Must be legally allowed to work in Canada
Come As You Are
We’re committed to diversity and equal opportunities in all aspects of employment. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and provide accommodations for those with disabilities or specific needs during the recruitment process.
We look forward to hearing from you!